[Paraview] Searching of a specific actor in the actor list

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri May 11 16:10:48 EDT 2012

Li,

I don't know of a way to add a name or other identifier to a vtkObject.

It might be easier to have an auxiliary data structure that stores
references to the vtkActors and lets you set the visibility by
accessing the vtkActor through that data structure. I tend to find
this easier than working with the VTK structures directly. For
example, you might just use a map from your program-specific data
structure to the vtkActor that represents it.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Li Guan <li.9uan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to change the visibility property of a specific actor in
> the renderer. Right now, I need to remember which orderly ID my actor
> is in the actor list and iterate through the following to get to the
> actor,
>
> vtkPropCollection* props = renderer->GetViewProps();
> props->InitTraversal();
> for(int i = 0; i < props->GetNumberOfItems(); i++){...}
>
> This is quite complicated, and once one actor in the list is removed,
> the ID may change.
> Is there a way to set a name to an actor, and just traverse though the
> list to search for the actor with the specific name?
>
> Or there is a correct way to do so that I do not know of yet.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Li

Cory Quammen
Research Associate