[Paraview] Searching of a specific actor in the actor list

Li Guan li.9uan at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:49:31 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I would like to change the visibility property of a specific actor in
the renderer. Right now, I need to remember which orderly ID my actor
is in the actor list and iterate through the following to get to the
actor,

vtkPropCollection* props = renderer->GetViewProps();
props->InitTraversal();
for(int i = 0; i < props->GetNumberOfItems(); i++){...}

This is quite complicated, and once one actor in the list is removed,
the ID may change.
Is there a way to set a name to an actor, and just traverse though the
list to search for the actor with the specific name?

Or there is a correct way to do so that I do not know of yet.

Thanks in advance,

Li