[Paraview] Can't open any file after paraview crashed

David Luet luet at princeton.edu
Thu May 3 17:01:52 EDT 2012

Hi,
One of our paraview users crashed paraview, probably because of a problem
with the data. But now he can't open any file. The paraview window comes
up, lets you select a case but then paraview gets stuck. Nothing happens in
Display tab for instance.
It works for other users as well as for this particular user if I create a
new home directory for him. So I suspect there a file somewhere that
paraview loads on start up that makes it freeze but I can't find this file.
We are using paraview version 3.14.1 that I installed from the binaries on
a Linux Centos 5.8 (kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5).
Any clue?
Thanks,
David