[Paraview] Paraview handles data different on MacOS

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Thu May 3 07:21:59 EDT 2012

Edit your file and change types from 32 to 64 (Int32 -> Int64, Float32 -> Float64).

Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 10:09:58 +0200
From: fabian.key at rwth-aachen.de
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [Paraview] Paraview handles data different on MacOS

    Dear Paraview developers and users,

    I am using Paraview (3.14.1) to visualize the solution of a
    simulation program. The program generates data files in vtp format
    (ASCII). A representative file is attached.

    Using Paraview on Windows 7 (64 Bit)  or ubuntu12.04 (32 Bit)
    everything works, but on Mac OS X (64 Bit) it crashes after clicking
    on the 'Apply'-Button or gives the message:

     'ERROR: In
    /Source/ParaView/release/ParaView/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line
    510 vtkXMLPolyDataReader (0x126f7c220):

     Cannot read point data array "my_scalars" from PointData in piece
    0. The data array in the element may be too short.'

    Is there anything I can do to handle this Mac OS specific problem?

    Thanks for help,

    Fabian