[Paraview] Paraview handles data different on MacOS

Fabian Key fabian.key at rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 3 04:09:58 EDT 2012

Dear Paraview developers and users,

I am using Paraview (3.14.1) to visualize the solution of a simulation
program. The program generates data files in vtp format (ASCII). A
representative file is attached.
Using Paraview on Windows 7 (64 Bit)  or ubuntu12.04 (32 Bit) everything
works, but on Mac OS X (64 Bit) it crashes after clicking on the
'Apply'-Button or gives the message:
  'ERROR: In
/Source/ParaView/release/ParaView/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx, line 510
vtkXMLPolyDataReader (0x126f7c220):
  Cannot read point data array "my_scalars" from PointData in piece 0.
The data array in the element may be too short.'

Is there anything I can do to handle this Mac OS specific problem?

Thanks for help,
Fabian