[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Calculating rms values using the Temporal Statistics filter

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed May 2 10:42:12 EDT 2012

You should be able to use method (a) and then use the append attributes filter to combine the fields in the two branches into one dataset.

-Ken

From: Janusz Michalik <janusz.michalik at epfl.ch<mailto:janusz.michalik at epfl.ch>>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:29:00 +0000
To: "paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>" <paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Paraview] Calculating rms values using the Temporal Statistics filter

Hello all,

I would like to calculate rms values for my simulations.

For example, for the calculations of the axial velocity u'rms = sqr( ( (u')^2)_ave )

I first need to calculate the fluctuations, u'_x = u_x - u_x_ave.

I obtain:
1) u_x via the calculator.
2) u_x_ave using the temporal statistics filter

The problem that I am having is subtracting them from each other. I have tried in two ways.

a) calculating 1) and 2) in separate branches but then I cannot see the variables from each
b) calculating 1) and 2) in the same branch but then I do not have access to u_x because the statistical filter averages it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Janusz

_______________________________________________ Powered by www.kitware.com Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at: http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.paraview.org/mailman/listinfo/paraview