[Paraview] Calculating rms values using the Temporal Statistics filter

Janusz Michalik janusz.michalik at epfl.ch
Wed May 2 10:29:00 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I would like to calculate rms values for my simulations.

For example, for the calculations of the axial velocity u'rms = sqr( ( (u')^2)_ave )

I first need to calculate the fluctuations, u'_x = u_x - u_x_ave.

I obtain:
1) u_x via the calculator.
2) u_x_ave using the temporal statistics filter

The problem that I am having is subtracting them from each other. I have tried in two ways.

a) calculating 1) and 2) in separate branches but then I cannot see the variables from each
b) calculating 1) and 2) in the same branch but then I do not have access to u_x because the statistical filter averages it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Janusz