[Paraview] newbie question -- cannot run simple example

newsboost newsboost at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:49:08 EDT 2012

I already have python-vtk installed and have had it installed the whole
time together with paraview-python - still I got the problem I mentioned
in the initial post...

I feel more safe in terms of conflicting behaviour when I use ubuntu
package manager for as many things as possible. If everything else
fails, however, I'll try to follow your suggestion and compile from source..