[Paraview] Question on Information Objects

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:41:37 EDT 2012

hi, information keys are more for passing info between filters through
the pipeline. if all you want is to display a string, you could make a
second output port to your reader that produces a vtkTable and populate
it with the string. This could be displayed in the pv ui. here's a quick
example of what you'd do in your request data:

315   vtkInformation *outInfo;
316   vtkTable *output;
317   vtkStringArray *data;
318
319   // output port 1 -> bw data
320   outInfo=outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
321   output
322     =
dynamic_cast<vtkTable*>(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));
323   data=vtkStringArray::New();
324   data->SetName("BW Data");
325   data->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
326   data->InsertNextValue(bwData.c_str());
327   output->AddColumn(data);
328   data->Delete();