[Paraview] Question on Information Objects

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 22 18:38:55 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to get meta-data information from a file into ParaView.  I have successfully built the information key-value pairs in the information object in my reader, but I am uncertain how to get the data out on the ParaView side of things.

Example:

I want to get the Calendar date meta-data from my model file.  I added Key to the information object to the results info object.

I set keys as follows:

  request->AppendUnique(vtkExecutive::KEYS_TO_COPY(), vtkENLILMetaDataKeys::REFDATE_CAL());

I have a function to add the value to the key like such:

void vtkENLILMetaDataKeys::populate_meta_data(vtkInformation* request, vtkInformationStringKey *key, char* value)

{

  request->Set(key, value);

}

I then add the values to the keys as follows:

  vtkENLILMetaDataKeys::populate_meta_data(outInfo, vtkENLILMetaDataKeys::REFDATE_CAL(), temp);

After I do this, I can successfully pull the placed data from the information object from within the reader.

What I cannot figure out is how to access this object from within Paraview.

My goal is to be able to include the calendar date (as text) in the render view.

Can someone guide me in the correct direction on how to do this?  I am looking for possibly a python way of getting at this data.

Thanks,

Josh