[Paraview] trying to compile plugin pv-meshless and pv-common

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Mon Mar 5 06:56:08 EST 2012

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:

> you have compiled paraview with hdf5 serial, you need to use hdf5 parallel. sorry. (rerun ccmake in paraview build dir and turn on hdf5 enable parallel). If you are using system hdf5, then you need it compiled with parallel support.
>
> Don't wipe any build directories, it takes too long to rebuild everything from scratch.
>
> I'll add this stuff to the wiki so the next person doesn't have the same trouble (though I thought it was already there for the hdf5 stuff)

OK. Went back to paraview and selected, in ccmake, HDF5PARALLEL

result:

[  2%] Built target vtkzlib
[  2%] Building C object
VTK/Utilities/vtkhdf5/src/CMakeFiles/H5detect.dir/H5detect.c.o
Linking C executable ../../../../bin/H5detect
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--export-dynamic;'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/H5detect] Error 1
make[1]: *** [VTK/Utilities/vtkhdf5/src/CMakeFiles/H5detect.dir/all] Error
2
make: *** [all] Error 2

(my machine is running gcc suite 4.6, MPI library is openmpi 1.4)

I've tried to change the option to -rdynamic (after checking gcc man page)
but it didn't work

[  0%] Built target vtkWrapHierarchy
[  1%] Built target vtkWrapPython
[  1%] Built target vtkWrapPythonInit
[  1%] Built target vtksys
[  2%] Built target vtkzlib
Linking C executable ../../../../bin/H5detect
gcc: error: unrecognized option ‘-rdynamic;’
make[2]: *** [bin/H5detect] Error 1
make[1]: *** [VTK/Utilities/vtkhdf5/src/CMakeFiles/H5detect.dir/all] Error
2
make: *** [all] Error 2

ideas? or what am I doing wrong?

thx!

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

  contacts:  gtalk: kyriusan at gmail.com  skype: kyriusan

  Institutional Address:

  Ricardo J.N. dos Reis
  IDMEC, Instituto Superior Técnico, Technical University of Lisbon
  Av. Rovisco Pais
  1049-001 Lisboa
  Portugal

                       - email sent with alpine 2.00 -