[Paraview] calculate distance between pair of meshes

Jerome Velut jerome.velut at kitware.com
Mon Jun 25 01:45:52 EDT 2012

Hi Lisa,

If you are OK to compile your own plugin in ParaView, you can try to
include the ICP registration to the Filters menu. I did it and
open-sourced it :
https://github.com/jeromevelut/vtkKinship.

Regarding the distance between points, a VTKJournal publication presents
an implementaion of the Hausdorff distance between meshes and its
ParaView plugin. Note that it is not a point-pair distance, as the input
meshes are not expected to have the same topology.

If you prefer to use ParaView out of the box, then just follow Utkarsh's
input!

HTH,
Jerome