[Paraview] MongoDB Reader

Scott Schenck sns at scottschenck.com
Sat Jun 23 14:10:25 EDT 2012

Hi,
I'm very new to the list and paraview.  I'm curious if anyone has done any work to read data from a MongoDB database.  I'm not sure of the best way to get large amounts of simulation results out of MongoDB to visualize in Paraview.

Obviously, I could write it out to a cvs file and use a cvs reader.  Is there a more elegant way to accomplish this task without taking an intermediate step?  MongoDB is a nosql database that stores data in BSON/JSON data structures.

I guess I could write a reader or plugin tailored expressly towards MongodB.  I was hoping to not have to develop something from the ground up.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott

Scott N. Schenck, Ed.S., CHt
Conscious Choices Corporation

131 4th Ave W, Suite 204
Hendersonville, NC. 28792

(828) 329-7992 (HVL)

Scott at consciouschoices.com
www.consciouschoices.com

-Transform your life through Conscious Choices!