[Paraview] VTK reader does not populate properties dialog?

Alexander Tchekhovskoy atchekho at princeton.edu
Fri Jun 15 14:47:53 EDT 2012

Hi Seb, thank you for the blazing fast response!  This allows me to see
slices through the variables on the grid, so the data is read-in correctly.

However, I am at a loss how to do a 3D volume rendering or a streamline
tracing of data on my structured grid.  In order to do that, as I
understand, I need to apply a filter "Table To Structured Grid", as
explained at
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Data_formats#Displaying_data_as_structured_grid.
However, this filter is grayed out (screenshot:
http://www.princeton.edu/~atchekho/grayed_out_filter.jpg ).

What should I do in order to do 3D volume rendering or tracing streamlines?

Thank you very much,
Alexander