[Paraview] Some feedback please: Referencing invalid variable array names in Python Calculator/Find Data/Calculator

RVA Developer rvadeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:15:19 EDT 2012

On 6/7/12 7:24 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:

Lawrence,

Very good point. I'd definitely vote posting this on the mailing list,
as I'd like to get feed back from the users/developers before we
decide what would be the best approach for dealing with names. A patch
is always appreciated :).

For other bugs you mention, yes, mantis is indeed the best approach.
For non trivial issues, after reporting the bug, if might be
worthwhile to post on the mailing list to raise awareness. A bug
requiring some major work is more likely to be fixed if there more
people are affected by it -- but that's totally optional. We do parse
over the mantis bugs periodically.

Utkarsh

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Lawrence Angrave <angrave at illinois.edu>