[Paraview] How to read individual files with a numerical extension that are not a timeseries?

RVA Developer rvadeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:22:58 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We have data files generated by UTChem that are numerically ordered that we
wish to read with our own custom Paraview application "RVA"-

mymodel.HIST01
mymodel.HIST02

However these "HIST" files will correspond to different objects (vtkTable
data) NOT timeseries data.
When we rename one of them to just "HIST" our custom reader can import the
file. We now need a more robust solution to be able to read their original
names.

How do we override Paraview's TimeSeries proxy so that we can select one or
more of these files and read them in as separate vtk objects?

Note, we are building our own Paraview so we could patch Paraview code if
we have to but we'd rather not!
Some advice on where to start would be appreciated (e.g. similar file
readers or Paraview classes that we need to extend/modify).

Thanks,

Nemo.