[Paraview] How to use paraview to mark something on the object

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jun 6 20:50:43 EDT 2012

An interesting problem :-) Does the topology of the mesh change over time
or just the positions of the points? Essentially, we need a landmark that
moves with the wheel to which we can attach something. If the topology does
not change, you can start by selecting one of more cells, extracting the
selection and then coloring those cells a solid color (you might need to
translate them slightly to avoid rendering artifacts). If that works, you
could use the Python Programmable filter to create a line that starts at
the centroid of the extracted cell. If you want to do that, let us know and
someone on this list can help you with the appropriate VTK API.