[Paraview] Write xml for ParaView Plugin

Tuan Ha Tran tuan-ha.tran at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 6 11:17:59 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,
I'm writing some .xml ServerManager file for a ParaView Plugin.
Our class have a function likes this :
double calculate(vtkImagedata* voi) that return a double value calculated from the vtkImageData.

I loaded the plugin into Paraview. I use the Python Shell and when I call myReturnedValue = MyFilter.calculate(proxy) (proxy is a vtkImageData type), I always have the following error : AttributeError : 'function' object has no attribute 'calculate'

I searched in the filters.xml and found something mention about function. I wonder if we can use these descriptions to access to the function (this function is nothing similar to any vtk function, don't override any of them). I think that I have to add something like 'function = calculate' so that the function is recognized in ParaView as well as Python but I can't find any exemple.

Do you have any idea? Thank you in advance.