[Paraview] I: 3D point cloud with color

Giulio Reina giulio.reina at unisalento.it
Mon Feb 27 02:57:02 EST 2012

Hi all,

Following  David's suggestion, I came up with the code attached that turns
the starting data file (rgb.txt, of the type [X Y Z R G B] (the first three
vector columns specify the location of the single point and the last three
one its color in RGB space)) into a parsed vtp format. Unfortunately, when I
try to open the VTP file in Paraview (after applying a Glyph filter) the
results are not what I expect, i.e. one point red, one point green, two
points blue.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me put reading correctly
the VTP file, I should admit that I'm not very familiar with the use of vtp
files in Paraview,

Cheers

Giulio