[Paraview] @executable_path when deploying custom plugins for OSX

Peter Schmitt pschmittml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:06:26 EST 2012

Hello,

I have built ParaView-3.12.0 from the SuperBuild.  Using otool, I noticed
that libraries had a hard-coded path to each shared library in the build
directory (otool -L ParaView-build/bin/libvtkPVServerManager.dylib).
 However, after `make install`, I noticed each library was prefixed with
@executable_path (otool -L /usr/local/ParaView\
3.12.0.app/Contents/Libraries/libvtkPVServerManager.dylib).  I would like
to apply the same transformation to any custom plugins I have compiled.
 However, my plugin doesn't have a 'make install' target.  It looks like I
can manually update my plugin dylib via calls to

       install_name_tool -change /full/path/to/libfoo.dylib
@executable_path/../Libraries/libfoo.dylib libBar.dylib

but there has to be a better way.  The `make install` target from
SuperBuild suggests that the "fixup_bundle" updates the libraries
appropriately.  How do I apply the same transformation for my custom plugin?

Thanks!
Pete