[Paraview] ParticlePathLines Filter

Yuanxin Liu leo.liu at kitware.com
Sun Dec 30 16:57:18 EST 2012

Hi, Christian,
   It seems just adding back the XML description is enough to fix this. Can
you verify by applying the attached patch and see if it works for you? ( cd
to your ParaView source dir, and run "git apply add-particle-path.diff" ).

   Note that, to differentiate from the new stuff, I have changed the
filter name from "Particle Pathlines" --> "Temporal Particles To Pathlines".

thanks,
Leo

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Christian Richter <
christian.richter at ovgu.de> wrote:

>  Hi Leo,
>
> I attached you the simplest testcase I can made, one STL and one vtk
> containing only one particle.
> At the image you see the expected output as it was in 3.14.1.
>
> Thanks for fixis this,
> Christian
>
> Am 06.12.2012 16:50, schrieb Yuanxin Liu:
>
> Hi, Christian,
>    We can the filter back (probably under a different name).  Do you mind
> sending me the data file you have?
> thanks!
> Leo
>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Christian Richter <
> christian.richter at ovgu.de> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Leo,
>>
>> thanks for your answer.
>> My Problem is, I only have particle data (Position at dumptime, velocity
>> at dumptime) and no vector field (result of a simple DEM-Simulation).
>>
>> I read your article and played arround with TerminationTime and the
>> Animation Panel but I found no solution. And because the old filter works
>> well the c&p solution is the best for my case. I would like to ask if we
>> could have both filter in PV 4 - the best filter for each special case.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christian
>>
>> Am 05.12.2012 21:05, schrieb Yuanxin Liu:
>>
>> Hi, Christian,
>>
>>     The old ParticlePathLine filter is replaced by ParticlePath filter.
>>  Unlike the old one, you do not have to attach it to a particle tracer.
>>  Also make sure you set the "TerminationTime" parameter to the largest
>> possible time.
>>
>>    I have written an article about this work: .
>> http://www.kitware.com/source/home/post/76
>>
>>    Let me know if this works for you.
>>
>>  thanks,
>>
>>  Leo
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Christian Richter <
>> christian.richter at ovgu.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> in Paraview 3.98 the ParticlePathLines Filter is gone away. We use this
>>> to show the trajectory of simple particle data (x,y,z), based on ID. Is
>>> this intended ?
>>>
>>> I got it back by copy & paste the proxysource from filter.xml in 3.14
>>> (line 6679++) to 3.98. Would it be possible to add back the old
>>> ParticlePathlines Filter (with single inputsource and Pathline & Particle
>>> as output) in 3.98 because I love the webGL scene export in the new
>>> Paraview.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Christian