[Paraview] Software Rendering or Hardware Rendering

Kevin Hackel kevin.hackel at online.de
Mon Dec 17 11:23:36 EST 2012

Hi,

I try to use Paraview 3.14 in parallel. My server has 48 CPUs and good GPUs (I don’t know exactly which ones are on the server).
Is it better to use Software or Hardware Rendering?
Well, I’m not sure if my Paraview takes usage of the GPUs or only of the CPUs. The server admin thinks that Paraview can’t really use the GPUs of the server, but how can I find out if my Paraview uses Software or Hardware Rendering?

Thanks,
Kevin