[Paraview] Basic question about installing Paraview for parallel use

Pradeep Jha pradeep.kumar.jha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:19:13 EST 2012

Hello,

I don't have much knowledge in setting up parallel system and have never installed anything on a parallel server myself. I have been told to install paraview for our research group so that we can use it parallel.  I have a some very basic questions:

1) I have one linux workstation which has 32 processors in itself. Can I install Paraview on this one single machine and check that if I am able to run it in parallel (with multiple processors) or this won't be considered as installing Paraview in parallel?

2) When I actually install Paraview on a parallel cluster,  where should I be installing Paraview? Any useful documentation?

Every little amount of information will be useful :)
Thanks,
Pradeep