[Paraview] Problems with installing pvpython

Pradeep Jha pradeep.kumar.jha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:47:03 EST 2012

Hello,

I just installed Paraview 3.98 on my Mac OS x 10.8. The paraview.app has
 been installed in "/Applications"  folder and the "__init.py__" files are in
the "/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Python/paraview" folder.  When
I do "ls" in this folder, I get:

==============================
#v#			pvfilters.py
__init__.py		pvfilters.pyc
__init__.pyc		pvvtkextensions.py
annotation.py		pvvtkextensions.pyc
annotation.pyc		servermanager.py
benchmark.py		servermanager.pyc
benchmark.pyc		simple.py
collaboration.py	simple.pyc
collaboration.pyc	smstate.py
compile_all_pv.py	smstate.pyc
compile_all_pv.pyc	smtrace.py
demos/			smtrace.pyc
extract_selection.py	util.py
extract_selection.pyc	util.pyc
numeric.py		variant.py
numeric.pyc		variant.pyc
numpy_support.py	vtk/
numpy_support.pyc	vtkConstants.py
pv_compile_complete	vtkConstants.pyc

I also added the address to this folder to my pythonpath. I don't know
what else to do to get "pvpthon"  working. Right now when I try to import
"simple" or "servermanager" in the python environment, I get the
following error: "ImportError: No module named paraview".

Any ideas what can I do?
Thanks