[Paraview] Union of "Extract Selection" ( and modification with Calculator) with all data

Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Kunzelmann karl-heinz at kunzelmann.de
Wed Dec 5 02:25:44 EST 2012

Dear all,

I use the Paraview feature "Extract Selection" to edit data in a subset
of my data set. Together with "Calculator" this is a very handy feature
for me (I edit surface label which are used as identifier for boundary
conditions in a FEA program).

At present I have to save the changes (I do it as csv) and use an
external program to replace the labels in the whole/main dataset based
on the index numbers with my changes. This is not very convenient. I am
sure that this can be done with the Paraview pipeline browser somehow or
with a few python commands in the console. However, with my current
knowledge I cannot solve this problem along and could use some advice,
how to accomplish this.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely

Karl-Heinz
--
Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Kunzelmann
Poliklinik für Zahnerhaltung und Parodontologie

Tel.: +49 - 89 - 51609346
homepage: www.kunzelmann.de
email:  karl-heinz at kunzelmann.de