[Paraview] "Select Cells On" etc.: Remove current selection from whole selection - possible?

Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Kunzelmann karl-heinz at kunzelmann.de
Wed Dec 5 02:23:28 EST 2012

Hello to everybody,

my question today relates to the useful GUI tools "Select Points/Cells
On/Trough". I already found out that I can extend an excisting selection
with the Ctrl-key. But I could not find something to remove a small part
from the selection with but keep most of the selected points/cells.

In other programs (ie. ImageJ/Fiji) they use the ALT key to remove the
current selection from the total selection but keep the rest (usually
the boolean combinations are supported). I would assume that this is
could be already possible with Paraview as well and I just cannot find it.

If it is not supported. Would it be a big effort to implement this feature?

Sincerely

Karl-Heinz

--
Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Kunzelmann
Poliklinik für Zahnerhaltung und Parodontologie

Tel.: +49 - 89 - 51609346
homepage: www.kunzelmann.de
email:  karl-heinz at kunzelmann.de