[Paraview] Python interpreter not being created for coprocessing?

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:12:35 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm setting up someone's code to use coprocessing with OSMesa and openmpi/pgi/cuda fortran on NCSA's Forge using ParaView from the git repo. I'm getting segfaults and pgdbg gives me this error when coprocessorinitialize is called:

[0] Signalled SIGSEGV at 0x2B62188CFD9A, function vtkCPPythonHelper::GetPythonInterpretor(), file /usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/CoProcessing/CoProcessor/vtkCPPythonHelper.cxx, line 136
0x2B62188CFD9A:  48 8B 41 38            movq   56(%rcx),%rax

which is:
vtkPVPythonInterpretor* vtkCPPythonHelper::GetPythonInterpretor()
{
  return Instance->PythonInterpretor;
}

The call stack is
vtkCPPythonHelper::GetPythonInterpretor() line 136 in vtkCPPythonHelper.cxx
vtkCPPythonScriptPipeline::Initialize(const char *) line 69 in vtkCPPythonScriptPipeline.cxx
coprocessorinitialize_ line 88 in FortranAdaptorAPI.cxx

So is an Instance not getting created? I have the system python in my path.

Thanks,
Mark