[Paraview] Behavior of a plugin reader that shares the same proxy name as one of the internal readers?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Aug 20 09:40:46 EDT 2012

Takuya,

I am surprised it worked in 3.14. I don;t think there has been much
change in the ServerManager since 3.14. I could track down what change
caused it, but nonetheless, I think it's probably not a good idea to
override default proxy. You should just create a new one with a new
name and still assign to the same extensions. The user will be
presented a dialog to pick which reader to create when he opens a
matching extension file. That way state files/python scrips referring
to one or the other will continue to work seamlessly without one
accidentally creating the other one, etc.

BTW, is there are newer version of the OpenFOAM reader that needs to
go into ParaView for the upcoming release?

Utkarsh