[Paraview] Paraview 3.14.1 Tecplot Reader Errors

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Mon Aug 20 04:52:22 EDT 2012

Hello.

Sorry, I made a mistake in my previous mail: I see in the Tecplot reader
help that it should be able to read unstructured:
> The output of the reader is a vtkMultiBlockDataset, of which each
> block is either a vtkStructuredGrid or a vtkUnstructuredGrid.

But I never succeeded in reading my own Tecplot unstructured grids with
triangle elements, so I can't help you for this type of file.

Also, I had some problems in reading some structured grids because some
Tecplot options in the ZONE card are not recognized by the reader, and I
had to suppress it. The Tecplot reader should still be improved.

But if you try again Tecplot files with Structured or Unstructure grids,
don't forget the two header lines for title and variables.

Richard.

--
  Richard GRENON
  ONERA