[Paraview] pvbatch vs. pvpython

Ganesh Vijayakumar ganesh.iitm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:47:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Burlen Loring <bloring at lbl.gov> wrote:

> **
> assuming that you've already examined all the output, and there's no other
> info, you could do a couple of things: put some print statements in your
> python script to see how far it makes it. Also you could use MPT specific
> environment variables that tell mpt to print a stack trace, see man mpi. A
> debug build may be helpful for this.
>
> before all this debugging effort you may want try a very simple script to
> gain confidence that things are indeed working correctly with your build.
> I'll send a simple test script that might be of use for that.

It doesn't even get past the first line i.e the module import line. I'm
unable to get it to force a core dump as "ulimit -c unlimited" is not
working. I've asked the system administrator about the issue.

But in the meanwhile can I force a debug compilation? How can I do that?
Just add "-g" to CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

ganesh