[Paraview] use the same scalar data to create contour and color the surface

Tom Schoenemann toms at indiana.edu
Sun Apr 8 09:45:17 EDT 2012

OK, but is there some way to combine two image files, each with its own scalars, into one image?  What I'm thinking about is reading in 2 copies of the same image, and using the scalars from one to display the contour, and the scalars from the other to display the colors?  I tried doing this, but I can't get it to work. I loaded one as the contour, and colored it one color only (white).  I then added the copy, an tried to view it as a volume.  It let me change the color map parameters, but it seems to display the color UNDERNEATH the first one (that has the contour.  I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but how?

Perhaps there is a way to add 2 scalar fields to one image? Maybe image calculator could do this??

-Tom