[Paraview] LCD/3D monitors

David Pont David.Pont at scionresearch.com
Mon Sep 26 16:00:28 EDT 2011

I have a Planar SA 2311W Monitor with NVidia 3D Vision Kit (shutter glasses) and NVidia Quadro 4000 GPU.
Had initial hassles getting it to work. I had to download some OLDER NVidia drivers for my NT 64bit workstation to make it all go.

Paraview is launched with:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 3.10.1\bin\paraview.exe" --stereo --stereo-type="Crystal Eyes"

I get a bad flicker from the fluorescent lighting in my office so turn that off.
As John says the menus etc appear a bit blurry, I tend to work without the glasses to set up a visualisation, then use them to view and interact.

The setup was relatively cheap, and works very well.

  Dave P

David Pont
Scientist - Forest Management Science
Scion
49 Sala Street, Private Bag 3020, Rotorua 3046, New Zealand
DDI +64 7 343 5663
www.scionresearch.com