[Paraview] Dodgy windows built

Parker, Andrew (UK Filton) Andrew.Parker2 at baesystems.com
Fri Sep 23 05:18:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have several plug-ins that work fine in Linux, and have been using
them for some time within Linux.  They are compiled in under Linux using
cmake etc.  However, when I built the same plugins on windows using
cmake etc and visual studio, while it builds and links no problems, it
displays nothing when I use it.  That is to say in windows all the menus
are there, all others functions work fine, but when I use my plug-in, a
reader, it renders nothing in the window.  Looking in the statistics
object inspector everything is suspiciously set to +- Inf, instead of
the domain extents which are correct under Linux  Not sure if this adds
any information.

So to recap, may own built of paraview built with my own plug-ins runs
fine in windows for standard paraview options, but when using the
plugins, while I get the same feedback, it displays nothing??

Any help appreciated,
Cheers,
Andy