[Paraview] animating a vrml mesh

Johannes Eckstein digital.fireball at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:14:55 EDT 2011

Hi there, I am currently visualizing Particle data as an unstructured
grid in paraview, using a .pvd file that collects all the .vtu files
together.
I now have the problem that I want to visualize a mesh e.g. a .vrml
file, and animate it, meaning I would like to update its position and
orientation with every time step from the corresponding .vtu file.
I did not find a paraview forum so I am hoping someone here is willing
to give me some hint on how to do this. Or I would have to program my
own source or use the programmable sources or filters.
when I simply open the .wrl file I get in the info tab:
Multi-block Dataset
0: Polygonal Mesh
Only in the "Display" tab I can change the position of the Mesh or add a
transformation filter, but either way I would have to enter the position
for each timestep. Now I think there must be a better way to do that and
someone here knows the answer already?

Cheers, Skidzo