[Paraview] non ordered composite distributor and IceT

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 21 16:30:29 EDT 2011

John,

If you look more closely, you should see that the data is only distributed when transparency is on.  If everything is opaque, then everything stays where it is.  If I remember correctly, there is a flag in vtkOrderedCompositeDistributor that turns it to a pass-through filter.  It's implemented like this because it's more convenient than changing around the internal pipeline.  If you never have to do ordered compositing, you could just remove this filter.  Likewise, you can set the parallel render manager to do non-ordered compositing and just forget about the parallel k-d tree.

-Ken