[Paraview] Problem loading textures in python

Alastair McKinstry alastair.mckinstry at ichec.ie
Wed Sep 21 10:49:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using paraview 3.10.1  (on a mac), and having problems adding a
texture.
I can do it in the GUI - I create a TextureMapToPlane filter, and select
the texture (a PNG file)
in the combo box. My problem is that I need to do this within a python
script, and
when I use the trace facility I get something like

   t1 = TextureMaptoPlane()
   rep = Show()
   rep.Texture = []

no mention of how to load the PNG file and apply it.
I can load a png file with
   pngf = PNGSeriesReader(FileNames = ['/home/a/texture.png']

but how do I apply it?

Regards,
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry ,  Computational Scientist<alastair.mckinstry at ichec.ie>
ICHEC, Room 301, IT Building NUI Galway,  Galway , Ireland