[Paraview] [newbie] show grid in paraview - wireframe shows triangles instead of quads...

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 9 11:56:41 EDT 2011

No, I'm pretty sure the problem has nothing to do with your graphics card.
 It has to do with you running in multi-core mode (Settings -> General ->
Use Multi-Core) and using quadratic elements (the 20-element hexahedra).
You have not stated, but I'm betting that it works when the Use Multi-Core
feature is off but does not work when the feature is on.

It is only fairly recently that the wireframe displays correctly for
quadratic elements, and there is a corner case where it still does not
work.  This happens to be the case when using the multi-core feature.

So in short, correct wireframes for quadratic elements in multi-core mode
is not supported.  I raised a suggestion to fix it on ParaView UserVoice.
If you want the feature fixed, go vote for it.

http://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/2238657-corr
ect-wireframe-for-quadratic-elements-in-multi-

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov