[Paraview] installation problem on ubuntu 10.04

Alessandro Comunian alessandro.comunian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:46:06 EDT 2011

2011/9/8 Michael:
> On Thu 08 Sep 2011 02:17:20 PM CEST, Alessandro wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to install ParaView from the sources, but the make process
>> stops with the following message:

>> [  8%] Building CXX object
>> VTK/Utilities/Cosmo/CMakeFiles/Cosmo.dir/SODHalo.cxx.o
>> Linking CXX shared library ../../../bin/libCosmo.so
>> [  8%] Built target Cosmo
>> [  8%] Building CXX object
>> VTK/Utilities/ftgl/CMakeFiles/vtkftgl.dir/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cpp.o
>> [ ... ]
>> [  8%] Building CXX object
>> VTK/Utilities/ftgl/CMakeFiles/vtkftgl.dir/src/FTSize.cpp.o
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libGL.so', needed by
>> `bin/libvtkftgl.so.pv3.10'.  Stop.
>> make[1]: *** [VTK/Utilities/ftgl/CMakeFiles/vtkftgl.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2

>> Do you have some suggestion about how to investigate and solve the
>> problem please?
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Bests,
>>
>> Alessandro
>

> Install the libgl1-mesa-dev package, it contains /usr/lib/libGL.so.
> Finding out things like this is very easy with apt-file:
>
> sudo apt-get install apt-file
> sudo apt-file update
> apt-file search /usr/lib/libGL.so
>
> Michael

Thank you Michael, apt-file is a really useful package...
still, the library "libGL.so" and the package "libgl1-mesa-dev" was
already installed in my system (cmake automatically recognize it and
associate it to the variable OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY).
I had a look into the file "CMakeError.log" but without succes... any
other suggestion?
Bests,

Alessandro