[Paraview] PYTHONPATH for prebuilt MAC OSX Paraview

Colin McAuliffe cjm2176 at columbia.edu
Sat Oct 22 09:40:52 EDT 2011

I tried building from source but I am getting errors importing
paraview.simple:

>>> from paraview.simple import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File
"/Users/Christina/Desktop/Colin/Work/Paraview/ParaView-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages/paraview/simple.py", line 39, in
<module>
     import servermanager
   File
"/Users/Christina/Desktop/Colin/Work/Paraview/ParaView-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages/paraview/servermanager.py", line 43, in
<module>
     import paraview, re, os, os.path, new, sys, vtk
   File
"/Users/Christina/Desktop/Colin/Work/Paraview/ParaView-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages/paraview/vtk/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
     from vtkCommonPython import *
ImportError:
dlopen(/Users/Christina/Desktop/Colin/Work/Paraview/ParaView-bin/bin/vtkCommonPython.so, 2): no suitable image found.  Did
find:
	/Users/Christina/Desktop/Colin/Work/Paraview/ParaView-bin/bin/vtkCommonPython.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture

So I guess I configured wrong? I set the following variables in cmake:

PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON ON
CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS -arch x86_64
CMAKE_C_FLAGS -arch x86_64