[Paraview] CGNS 3.1 support?

Andrew Corrigan acorriga at lcp.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 21 08:12:36 EDT 2011

Are there plans for Paraview to upgrade to version 3.1 of the CGNS library?

Paraview does not seem to be able to handle CGNS 3.1 files currently, which is the version of CGNS my code exports data to.  Therefore, in order to use Paraview, I have to first run 'cgnsversion 2.5 data.cgns', which is an inconvenience.  Furthermore, the error message given is just 'Unable to find any meshes', which is not that helpful for users who don't realize what the problem might be.

Thanks,
Andrew Corrigan