[Paraview] FW: Dayton

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 14 19:46:58 EDT 2011

I also added a bug to add a facet reader to ParaView.  Per Robert's comments, it should be easy to add.

http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=12658

-Ken

From: pat marion <pat.marion at kitware.com<mailto:pat.marion at kitware.com>>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:54:07 -0400
To: Robert Maynard <robert.maynard at kitware.com<mailto:robert.maynard at kitware.com>>
Cc: Micah North <micah.north at matrixresearch.com<mailto:micah.north at matrixresearch.com>>, ParaView <paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>>
Subject: Re: [Paraview] FW: Dayton

You can use the python console instead of a plugin, if you want.  Open the python console under the Tools menu and execute:

filename = "foo.facet"

import vtkIOPython
r = vtkIOPython.vtkUGFacetReader()
r.SetFileName(filename)
r.Update()
t = TrivialProducer()
t.GetClientSideObject().SetOutput(r.GetOutput())
t.UpdatePipeline()
Show()

Note, this works for paraview in the standard client only mode.  This will not work when paraview is connected to a remote server.

Pat