[Paraview] FW: Dayton

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 13 21:04:52 EDT 2011

Does ParaView support .facet files?  There appears to be one in VTK, some documentation suggests it should be there (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView:FAQ), but ParaView does not seem to load them.

-Ken

From: Micah North <micah.north at matrixresearch.com<mailto:micah.north at matrixresearch.com>>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:12:50 -0400
To: Kenneth Moreland <kmorel at sandia.gov<mailto:kmorel at sandia.gov>>
Subject: Dayton

Dr. Moreland,
I am engineer working at Matrix Research in Dayton, OH.  I am trying to use Paraview, but am having difficulty opening a .facet file.  Specificially, when I click on the file open button and locate the directory where the file is located, I can not see it.  I then scroll down to show all files.  When I click on the .facet file it asks for me to select a reader.   So far, I have been unable to make the right selection.  I am running ParaView 3.12 on a Mac (using Lion).

I really hate to bother you, but would really appreciate any help you could offer.  Thank you very much for your time.
Sincerely
Micah North

J. Micah North, PhD
Matrix Research & Engineering