[Paraview] Test Data for Particle Tracer ?

Alexis Chan alexisc at cs.unc.edu
Tue May 31 09:21:30 EDT 2011

Hi David

Thanks for the pointer! I downloaded the datasets and attempted to use the
Particle Tracer plugin on them anyway, but did not get it working.

Does anyone has any pointers on how to make a pvd file work with the
Particle Tracer plugin? I have a pvd file of this format:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-June/074341.html

We tried encoding the actual time in

*timestep="0"*

but that did not work either.

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 4:42 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com>wrote:

> Unfortunately, a cursory glance did not turn up a test in ParaView for the
> particle tracer plugin itself.
>
> VTKLargeData can be found via this page:
>   http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Datasets
>
> In it you can find particle data used to test the SLAC plugin see:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=9&name=SLACParticleReader&date=2011-05-30, but
> not necessarily particle tracing, and it does not hold the data that John
> was referring to in that post.
>

> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x109
>

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Alexis Chan <alexisc at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Referring to the email at
>> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2008-August/005449.html, I
>> assume that there is test data for the Particle Tracer Plugin in ParaView.
>> Where can I access it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,