[Paraview] plugin proxy timing issue

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sat May 28 17:02:04 EDT 2011

Trying to resolve the problem of plugins creating proxies on startup, then deleting them and recreating them again when a new connection to pvserver instances. I find that plugin panels
1) Receive aboutToRemoveServer, serverAdded, aboutToRemoveServer, serverAdded (twice when the self connection is closed and a pvserver connection is made. This is not a problem, but nonetheless odd and probably a bug.
2) plugins on the client, receive serverAdded, before plugins on the server have been loaded, so if they try to create proxies via the proxymanager - they fail because the server doesn't have them yet and can't create them.

#2 is a problem. I'm looking around to see if there is some other way I can destroy and recreate proxies when the gui starts up and then the user makes a new connection. Ideally I need a pluginsLoaded (on the server) rather than a serverAdded event.

If anyone knows a way, please tell. It may save me some time :)

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch