[Paraview] Debugging Why STL file will not load

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon May 30 09:47:27 EDT 2011

I am creating an STL Binary file from another program. I am then trying to load it in ParaView. ParaView seems to recognize the STL file but after I load it nothing appears. I click on the "Information" tab and it says Polygonal Mesh but 0 cells and 0 points. There are no error messages or anything else. Is there something I can enable to try and figure out why nothing is showing up or the read is failing?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio