[Paraview] image extent problems in plugins

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Mon May 23 16:08:30 EDT 2011

This problem has been reported several times according to google, but
never resolved. I am just curious what goes on here, i.e. if the bug
is not acknowledged, low priority or otherwise will not be fixed on
low popularity.
If I wrap vtkImageResample - or any other vtk filter altering image
extents - into XML server code and load it into ParaView it will not
work correctly, because ParaView would not interpret the resulting
(modified) extents properly. The same filters used via python console
will save correct outputs to a file, but ParaView will not display
them correctly when run from a plugin.

I am just wondering how/if/when this can be fixed, willing to engage,
but in need of certain guidance.