[Paraview] Is there a VTK text object?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu May 19 09:41:48 EDT 2011

I suggest putting the text you want into an array within the vtkDataObject's
field arrays (not the point associated or cell associated arrays).
See vtkDataObject::Get/SetFieldData.

Those arrays are generally passed through unmodified as most filters ignore
them.
But filters can be written that make use of them, for instance to add to the
text or which reads the text out and pass it along to a text display
representation.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer