[Paraview] export to vectorial image format

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 12:41:28 EDT 2011

Sorry, ParaView doesn't have true vector graphics output. Please add
your vote to the existing user voice request for it.

(http://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/313565-add-vector-graphics-output-i-e-postscript-?ref=title)

The pdf writer in ParaView uses Qt to write a raster image. VTK's
vtkGL2PSExporter is not exercised by ParaView at all and it is likely
not to support many of our rendering techniques if it was added as an
new exporter option. 2D views are more likely to be supported, but we
haven't yet had the time to do so.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer