[Paraview] Animated Streamlines

Arnaud Candaele arnaud.candaele at aeolus-consulting.eu
Fri Mar 25 11:56:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a steady state converged calculation, and I would like to do some
animated streamlines of the flow in Paraview.
So, what I can do for now is to create streamlines, and "animate" some
glyphs on these (giving "points moving along the streamlines") using the
"Integration Time" in the animation panel. What I can also do is having
"advancing streamlines", meaning that I animate the streamlines by
ramping the maximum length... and gives streamlines starting from my
defined seeds, and "advancing" in the domain as their maximum length is
increased by the ramping.
Now, what I want is almost that, but with the seeding points (or line)
also moving. It's hard to explain, and actually I just found a video of
it, so here it is, this is exactly the kind of result I'm looking for :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBloUBoHgs

Is that possible ?

Thank you,

Arnaud