[Paraview] Tecplot binary reader failure /limitations (3.10.0)

Christopher Butler chris.butler at monash.edu
Wed Mar 23 22:40:24 EDT 2011

Hi Richard,
Downloaded the linux binaries again, however, I had the same issue. However, I had access to a version of tecplot (tec360 (2009)) and saved the file as an updated version. This version then loaded into Paraview.

The original file had a tecplot version string of #!TDV102 compared with #!TDV112. Therefore I guess there is a limitation on the versions of tecplot files that are accepted by the reader.

Regards,
Chris Butler

On 21/03/2011, at 8:00 PM, Richard GRENON wrote:

> Hi Chris.
>
> It's me again: your error message
>> Unable to find any meshes
> sounds like the error message I had when trying to read CGNS files. Dave Partyka has discovered an error and has re-packaged the binaries, and now it works on Linux. However, this error still appears with the Windows binaries. If you are on Linux, please try to re-download the binaries. If your are on Windows, you should wait for PV 3.10.1 (See the discussion about the CGNS reader).
>
> --
> Richard GRENON
> ONERA
> Departement d'Aerodynamique Appliquee - DAAP/ACI
> 8 rue des Vertugadins
> 92190 MEUDON - FRANCE
> phone : +33 1 46 73 42 17
> fax   : +33 1 46 73 41 46
> mailto:Richard.Grenon at onera.fr
> http://www.onera.fr

Christopher Butler
Ph.D. Candidate

Dept. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Building 31
Monash University,
VIC, 3800
Phone: +61 (0)3 990 51617